Oh Joy

oh pregnancy...
27 Aug 2014

Oh Joy Pregnancy

I'm not gonna lie guys, being pregnant can be really unfun. I do like being pregnant most of the time...I love the feeling of a growing baby inside your belly, people are really extra nice to you, Bob will never say no to my request for a back massage, and of course, the prize you get at the end is awesome. I like being pregnant maybe 75% of the time, but the other 25% of the time, it just kind of sucks. I run out of breath really quickly, I have trouble sleeping, I've peed in my pants more times than I'd like to admit, and my body eventually just can't keep up.

When I was pregnant with Ruby, I developed gallstones and had to have my gallbladder removed soon after she was born. And yesterday, I found out that I have gestational diabetes. Which means little to no carbs and no sugar until this baby comes out. To a person whose day is based around what I'll have for dessert, it was a pretty sad thing to hear.

So, here I am all-of-a-sudden having to go on a diet, while pregnant—the one time your body wants just a little bit more to eat and needs a little bit more energy to get you through the day. Yes, I am super bummed. But I know it's for my own health and the health of our baby and that I have to get on track with this new plan even if it wasn't part of the old plan.

So, friends, if you have any amazing protein-based, veggie-based food or recipe suggestions for me, I am all ears. Or if you've had gestational diabetes before and have any tips for me, I need all the help I can get!

{Photo by Bob Cho. I tried to find a photo of me with a "thumbs down" but had no luck.}

Comments

RECEIVE OH JOY POSTS VIA EMAIL

my latest video

oh joy! elsewhere...

recent favorite posts

blog courtesy

  • All layouts on this blog are created solely for the {oh joy!} blog. I enjoy sharing information and love when others enjoy my finds enough to post the links on their own sites. However, I ask that you do not use my exact layouts or designs without permission or without noting its origins on your post. All photos "by Oh Joy" must also be credited and linked to the original post.

    Any comments which are deemed inappropriate ~ including general spam, offensive comments or rude language, self-promotional spam, or other items unrelated to the post ~ will be deleted.

    Oh Joy!® is a registered trademark of Nantaka Joy®, Inc. All rights reserved.

disclosure

  • Oh Joy contains paid advertising banners and some contextual affiliate links. An affiliate link means that we receive commission on sales of the products that are linked to in my posts. So if you click on a link and make a purchase from an affiliate site, then I may make a commission from that purchase. I also work with affiliate links, on occasion, on my Pinterest page. The content of my posts or pins are all items, things, and experiences I genuinely like and will only work with affiliates that fit my aesthetic and brand.

    Any products which have been gifted or provided gratis to Oh Joy for review is noted with an asterisk (*) or c/o (courtesy of) at the bottom of the post and are only posted if a good fit for the Oh Joy aesthetic and content. Any sponsored giveaways or posts will be noted as such.

Blog powered by TypePad
Member since 09/2005
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...