Few things are more refreshing then a berry tart on a summer day. Today, our friends Claire and Laurel from Sweet Laurel are sharing this beautiful dessert with us that takes only 15-20 minutes to make! And what's even better, for those of you have food allergies, this tart is gluten, grain, dairy, refined sugar free! Here's how...
Summer Berry Tart
Makes one 8-9 inch tart
To make the tart crust:
- 2 cups almond flour + 2 tablespoons
- 1/2 tsp pink salt
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 egg
1. Preheat oven 350
2. Place flour and salt in food processor. Pulse briefly.
3. Add coconut oil, maple syrup and egg and pulse until mixture forms a ball.
4. Press into lightly greased (you can use coconut oil) 8-9 inch tart pan.
5. Bake crust about 10 minutes. Remove from oven. While crust cools prepare coconut whipped cream.
To make the coconut whipped cream:
- 2 cans coconut cream, refrigerated overnight (I use Natural Value
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
6. After the coconut cream has set in the fridge overnight, the coconut fat solids separate from the coconut water. Open cans of coconut cream and spoon solid cream into Kitchen Aid mixer bowl. Beat the solid coconut cream on high speed until cream is peaks form. Slowly stir in the maple syrup and vanilla extract.
Refrigerate until use.
7. Finally, to decorate tart, fill cooled tart crust with coconut cream. Decorate with 2 pints of organic strawberries or berry of choice. Enjoy!