flower pot cupcakes!
19 Oct 2016
In celebration of our recent Garden Party on Saturday for my girls' birthday (I'll be sharing photos soon!), here is a fun recipe by the amazing Catherine of Weelicious that would be perfect for a garden-themed party (birthday, shower, anything)! These are so crazy cute and surprisingly easy...
Flower Pot Cupcakes
(makes 24 cupcakes)
- Weelicious Dark Chocolate Cupcake recipe (doubled) or 1 box of your favorite dark chocolate cake mix
- Weelicious Chocolate Ganache or favorite dark chocolate frosting
- 12 chocolate wafer cookies, crushed
- 24 2x2" terra cotta pots
- flowers, berries and fresh mint (for decorating)
1. Bake the cupcakes as directed and allow to cool.
2. Using a knife, spread with frosting.
3. Sprinkle cupcakes with crushed chocolate cookies and place each in a terra cotta pot.
4. Top each cupcake with fresh berries, mint leaves, or flowers. You could also have guests paint the pots or take them home to use in their garden after they've enjoyed the treat inside!
These are so crazy cute! You can see more kid-friendly recipes by Catherine over at Weelicious!