make a splatter paint backpack!
15 Feb 2017
Splatter paint patterns from the 90's are back! So we wanted to show you how to bring that look into your wardrobe in a chic, yet inexpensive, way! Today, we have a mini back pack that went from plain to pop really easily!
- a plain white backpack (we used this faux leather one)
- fabric paint
- blue painter's tape
- paint brushes
- drop cloth or newspaper for covering the floor or table surface
1. Lay a drop cloth or newspaper on a table to cover the work surface.
2. Cover the areas that you don't want paint on (zipper pull and any other hardware) with painter's tape.
3. Using a paintbrush, drip, flick, and splatter the paint all over the backpack.
4. Let dry for 8 hours or overnight.
Whether you go bright with neons or more neutral (in blues or greys), it's makes such a fun update to an everyday accessory.