For this month's Color Adventures, we're focusing on blue and green! The nice thing about these two colors is that most people feel a bit more comfortable with green and blue and rarely consider them hard colors to wear or decorate with. In this pairing, we played up the analogous tones that green and blue have and worked with all the shades between them. Here's how to create a green and blue living room!
1. Start with a statement piece. The green couch makes a big and bold statement on its own, so we kept the walls white and the other large furniture pieces neutral (in white and wood). We added this rug which has both blue and green in it, but also isn't too bold of a shade so as to keep the couch the focus.
2. Hang artwork. With green as our base, we added a gallery wall of nature-themed artwork with dominant accents of green to tie back to the couch.
3. Add real plants. Plants are always a great way to add texture and life to any room. But especially in a room with a lot of green, it couldn't be more fitting!
4. Bring in neutral accent pieces. Because we're focusing on the green and blue here, all other large accents pieces stay neutral in whites and metallics to let the color shine.
5. Finally, add blue through the pillows! In some cases when we've combined two colors in the past, we'll bring in both colors throughout the decorating process. But in this case, we focused mainly on the green and brought blue in at the end. That way, if you wanted to, you could easily shift this room to green and yellow or green and pink simply by swapping out the pillows.
Items shown: Vintage rug, Oh Joy! for Target ottoman, Target lamp (past season), Jenny Vorwaller abstract painting, Teil Duncan beach panting with Framebridge frame, Jeff Mindell palm print, Modernica Props couch, Arro Home abstract pillow (past season), Persifor silver pillow, Arro Home round pillow (past season), Modernica Props deer, Senegal basket (similar), Target coffee table (past season), Target faux plant, Ikea glasses (past season), Anne and Kate stir sticks, Target plate (past season), CB2 napkin (past season).