For our Color Adventures this month, it's all about pink and yellow—two of the most cheerful colors around! Today we're sharing some tips on how to instill this color combination into your bedroom! Come see how...
1. Color block the wall. A good way to give your room a fun splash of color without being too overwhelming it is to color block the wall by painting just the lower half of it. We chose a happy banana yellow and left the top half white to keep it bright and simple.
2. Keep the furniture neutral. By sticking to white headboard and book case, the main colors—pink and yellow—pop more and can remain the focus of the room.
3. Add texture. The pink faux fur gives the room and bed texture. It's actually a simple throw rug that we used as an accent piece on the bed that gives the room that little added bit of whimsy. The floor rug adds warmth and coziness with the bright shade of pink and brings in another warm citrus color with the accents of orange.
4. Add colorful, smaller linens. We also kept the duvet on the neutral side (with a very pale blue) and let the colors pop with the smaller soft accent pieces like the throw blanket, throw pillows, and pillow cases.
5. Top off with prints and accessories. We tend to stick with odd numbers when creating a small gallery wall like this. While the three prints are in various sizes and artistic styles, they all have shades of pink within them that tie them together.
Items shown: Benjamin Moore Banana Yellow paint, Max Wanger cloud print, Teil Duncan beach print, Framebridge frame, Target side table, Dwell Magazine x Target lamp, Lorena Canals rug, CB2 bed, Poketo geos, Amazon lava lamp, Suku pillowcases, Ikea yellow pillow, Castle round pillow, Arro Home cloud pillow, Arro Home duvet cover, Ban.do purse, Arro Home yellow throw blanket (past season), Target pink shag, Bryr clogs, Target bookshelf, The Container Store pink acrylic box, Studio DIY avocado clutch,Target canisters, Target gold geo (past season), The Container Store yellow box (similar).