weekend project: a tassel dress!
14 Apr 2017
We're loving the tassel trend going on right now. So if you're looking for a fun project to do this weekend, try making this tassel dress! All you need are a few things...
1. To make the tassels, use a small square of cardboard, your phone, or a credit card to wrap your embroidery floss around, depending on what size tassel you want.
2. Wrap the embroidery floss around about 15-20 times, and then cut.
3. Slide the loop of floss off of the cardboard, holding it together at the top center. Use another piece of floss to secure with a double knot.
4. Cut the bottom of the loop (opposite of where you just tied).
5. Use a final piece of floss to wrap around near the top loop of the tassel, creating the head of the tassel.
6. Trim the bottom so that all the strands are even.
7. Use a simple loop stitch to attach your tassels with needle and thread.
Finally, when washing the dress, wash it in a laundry bag to keep the tassels from moving around too much and staying in tact.