We're continuing this month's Color Adventures combo of purple and grey with a beautiful tabletop! With lots of pretty potted plants, it's perfect for a garden-themed party, lunch, or shower. Here's how we did it, and how you can style your own!
1. Setting the space. You'll likely use whatever dining table you already have when setting up for a small gathering like this. With our white and gold table, we kept the rug neutral in jute to tie in the natural element of the potted plants we'll be adding in later.
2. Add a statement piece to the wall. To tie in a specific color theme, add a statement piece to the wall by your focal table. This could be a cluster of honeycombs (like this or this). For this room, since we're going with purple and grey, we made a custom beaded wall hanging (DIY post coming soon for that!).
3. Add in chairs. I love the look of mix and match chairs. We didn't want to overpower the table top with all gray and all purple so we brought in white and blush chairs that compliment the shade of purple we're using here.
4. Add a tablecloth. It can be hard to find really fun tablecloths out there, so our solution is to use fabric right from the roll. Our inspiration for this purple and gray table top actually came from piece of fabric that we ended up using as a table cloth.
5. Add a plant-filled centerpiece. Instead of flowers which will only last a few days, we brought in potted plants that can live in another part of your home after the party is over. You can tie the plants into a custom theme by painting the pots in your choice of colors. In this case, we painted bands of purple, grey, and white onto inexpensive terra cotta planters.
6. Add tabletop items! Finally, add your tabletop items (plates, glasses, utensils, and napkins) and get ready for your gathering to commence!
Items shown: Benjamin Moore Sweatshirt Gray paint, CB2 end table (past season), Oh Joy DIY wall hanging, CB2 bar cart (past season), Ikea watering can, Crate & Barrel copper shaker, Jenny Vorwaller abstract painting, Ikea glass carafes, Sunbeam Vintage wire chairs, Ikea blush chairs, Target rug, Target table, Naomi Ito fabric (past season), Anthropologie floral plates, Target gold flatware, Anthropologie glasses, Dwell Studio napkins (past season), Tictail striped pot.