We love being out and about in the city discovering new shops and seeing beautiful items in real life. I do so much online shopping (instead of real life) these days, that I find it to be a nice dose of inspiration to see how things are merchandised and to be inspired by a beautifully curated shop. For a recent field trip, we visited Bonjour Fete, a party boutique in Studio City, Los Angeles, that also offers event styling...
The other day, I heard someone say on a viral video "Get Your Shine On", and it has stuck with me every day since. I think I usually have that mentality in the back of my head to go out in the world and do my thing. But sometimes I'm so tired and spent from the day or from always being so go, go, go—that I forget to embrace the good, the great, the amazing. That phrase is a reminder to us all to take everything that's going right to put that into more good for the future.
So, whatever you have planned for this weekend, however your week was (or wasn't), go get the weekend, embrace it, and GET YOUR SHINE ON!
Five years ago, I posted about how I baby-proofed my living room with Emily Henderson as an attempt to make it safer for our (then) 1-year-old, Ruby. We've now gone through two babies who have learned how to walk and toddle around and play in that very living room. We've slowly swapped out art over the years and and now, five years later, I am ready to update our living room with a real coffee table again and replace the white couch (that has seen many milk and snack stains)! While a couple things are changing, much of it has endured and are still going strong several years later. Here's how I updated my baby-proofed living room back to one that is functional for older kids while keeping the style of the living room in tact...
Even though we are having an obscenely hot week here in Los Angeles, I am seriously ready for fall with thicker and softer fabrics that come with the season. Velvet....yes! Faux fur...please! This is my new favorite outfit for a Los Angeles fall that combines higher end and lower end pieces and a bunch of different beautiful textures...
When it comes to jewelry, I love statement pieces now and then, but I really gravitate towards light and lovely pieces that I can wear and keep on every day. When I do Instagram Stories, you'll often spot my necklace or rings, and so I wanted to share a round-up of some of my favorites with you...
01. If you're looking for a classic piece made modern, this Leah Alexandra Star Moon Necklace makes for a beautiful update to a traditional locket. Add a couple photos inside of loved ones or your favorite quote.
02. I love this Starling Colette Small Pavé Necklace for laying with others. It adds a bit of color from the stones and goes with anything.
03. This Clare V x Maya Brenner AMOUR Necklace offers a lovely sentiment and is beautiful worn alone or layered with other pieces.
04. For a pair of everyday earrings that aren't simply studs, I love these Ariel Gordon Ruby Pave Huggies. They come in a few different colors and can be kept on all the time.
05. This Ariel Gordon Sweetheart Bracelet is a tad thicker then some of the other pieces here but makes a nice, everyday piece with simple heart shapes added to the pretty chain.
06. I love how this Maya Brenner Double Cut Bracelet goes with anything and is perfect for layering with other bracelets, thick or thin.
07. For a special piece with a bit of sparkle, this Ariel Gordon Diamond Dash Bracelet mixes everyday with a few tiny diamonds to make it a bit fancier than just a metal piece.
08. If you're looking to celebrate your family in a special way, this Ariel Gordon Horizon Birthstone Ring allows you to add five different birth stones. This makes for a great gift to give to someone or to hint that you want for yourself ;)
09. This Leah Alexandra Moonstone Antiquity Ring looks like a vintage ring passed down from generations. This piece is the boldest of the items shown here, but so, so light and pretty that it really can be worn every day.
10. I love the color of emerald, so this Leah Alexandra Green Gem Ring adds a nice pop of color if you want something that isn't too bold but also isn't too neutral.
11. You'll always find me wearing this Maya Brenner Initial Necklace with my kids' first initials on them. This is the piece I get asked about all the time!
P.S. For a limited time, Leah Alexandra is offering 20% off to Oh Joy readers with code: OHJOY20 at checkout.
To celebrate Oh Joy’s 12th Anniversary, we took a day trip earlier this week to San Francisco to visit two spots that make us very happy...Color Factory and the Museum of Ice Cream! We had a blast spending a work day having some extra fun, and I loved getting to celebrate with my amazing, hard-working, loyal, and talented team. Here's a look at our day...
Next up for this month's Oh Joy Color Adventures...peach and green outfits! I took the color combo in various shades and styled four different looks. Some are casual and laid back while others a little bit fancy for a night out...all in a range of price points. Take a look...