Happy Tuesday! Today, we have a super easy (yet chic) way to take a basic Ikea table and spruce it up with some pretty detailing! For this project, we kept focused on the the edges of the table and the legs using only white paint and gold tape. Here's how...
1. Using painters tape, tape off a section of the outer corner of each leg of the table. You will remove this strip eventually, but it will serve as a guide for now.
2. Apply another strip of painter's tape on the other side of the table leg lining up with the middle piece. Remove the center strip of tape.
3. Repeat the pairing of painter's tape on the back side of the leg. And then repeat on all four legs.
4. Paint the front strip and back of each leg with the mini roller. Wait 10 minutes before applying a second coat. Let dry 30 minutes.
5. Remove painters tape from all four legs.
6. Line each edge of the white paint with a strip of metallic tape.
7. Then, apply a strip of metallic tape along the horizontal edge of the table top for a faux metallic inlay.
8. If you'd like to make this treatment permanent, spray with a polyacrylic spray to seal.
Sources shown: Benjamin Moore Snow White paint, Benjamin Moore Misty Teal paint, Gray Malin print, Urban Outfitters blue rug, Target round rug, Target white chairs, vintage glasses, Ikea white & blue plate, Urban Outfitters pink plate, The Everyday Co. napkins, Target gold flatware, Oh Joy! for Target HI vase (past season), Target charger, Ikea green pitcher.