I'm loving the pastel fashion trend right now, so we took a pretty pastel color palette to style an entire bedroom! Pastels are often associated with Easter, baby showers, and things for kids, but this room is anything but. We made sure to keep it grown-up and sophisticated with these few tips...
1. Clean Lines! We made sure to incorporate lots of crisp, clean lines throughout the room to help make it feel more mature. The fun, yet simple, wall mural really helped to anchor the bed while providing a subtle yet impactful graphic to the space. It's also a great DIY when you want to add a little extra flourish to a simple headboard. To make it, you'll need: painters tape, paint, rollers, measuring tape, a pencil, and a level.
1. Measure the width of your bed and mark on the wall with pencil and tape off. This will help to give you a visual of how the mural will sit behind your bed.
2. Tape off each of your rectangles, using a level to make sure you have a straight line.
3. Paint the first section and let dry for 20 minutes.
4. Remove tape from the side of the first section that intersects with the second section.
5. Tape along the edge of the first painted section, and tape any gap that you may need to cover to complete the second section.
6. Paint second section. Let dry 10 minutes and remove tape.
Here is a before and after we styled around the mural. It's SUPER simple to do and adds so much dimension to a bedroom. Once we finished painting, we decided to have the bed slightly off center with our mural, so don't be afraid to play around with placement!
2. Use lots of black and gold hints throughout! We used a color palette of pastel pink, blue, grey, yellow, and lavender. But to help balance out the pastels, we added in small pops of black and gold throughout. This instantly makes the space feel more sophisticated and grown-up.
3. Bring in organic textures! Texture is a key element when styling any space. Since we used lots of clean lines, we made sure to use organic textures throughout the room, like plants, a pretty suede chair, and soft blankets and rugs.
Items shown: Benjamin Moore Barely Teal paint, Target round mirror, Target console, Tictail dotty planter, West Elm flamingo figurine, Urban Outfitters pink plate, West Elm ceramic canister, Targetpink chair, Target round black pillow, Ban.do circle container, Target floor lamp (past season), Amazon end table, Anthropologie candle, Miniso clock, Benjamin Moore Whitestone paint, Benjamin Moore Dream Whip paint, CB2 Bed, vintage brass duck, The Container Store white boxes, Anthropologie girl statue, Unison Home grid pillow cases, Arro Home color block pillow cases, Arro Home rainbow pillow, Arro Home duvet cover, Ikea throw blanket, vintage scarf, Novogratz rug, Marais sandals (past season), Target table lamp, Ikea storage cube.