things I am super lazy about... 10 Jun 2016
I would consider myself a pretty hard-working person. I’m super Type A and when I want to get things done, they get done. But I have to be honest about something. There are some very simple, everyday things that I am SO lazy about….
1. Unloading the dishwasher - I have no problem loading it and getting the dirty dishes in there, but I dread unloading it…remembering where everything goes, hoping I don’t fill up a cabinet too much and it comes crashing down to the ground (yes, that has happened to me before).
2. Folding laundry - I used to work at Gap in high school and was terrible at folding the clothes exactly back to how they should be (even with that handy folding tool). Maybe it’s my memories of failing at folding the perfect white tee, but there is something so meticulous about folding that doesn’t work with my brain for some reason. If it were up to me, I could put away all my clothes in drawers in small bunches or piles.
3. Taking a shower - Now before you think I am totally gross, I do like the feeling of being freshly showered. I like being clean. But I don’t like the process of having to take a shower - getting undressed, showering, and getting dressed and ready again. I’d like for it to all just happen for me somehow. Can someone invent an app for that?
4. Filling up my gas tank - My husband knows that I am the worst at this. When that light flashes in my car telling me “Hey, just a heads up, you have about 45 miles left before you’re out of gas”. I look at it, smile, and go on with my day. It’s not until that number goes down to 15...10...5 miles left and the line is right about to touch the "E" that I begrudgingly go to the gas station.
5. Updating software & backing up my computer - Whenever my computer tells me it has an update, I push it off until “tomorrow” and then it ends up being weeks and months that apps or software are out of date and then usually my computer decides to retaliate and crash or freeze forcing me to restart and catch-up on the 39 updates it’s been asking for.
Do you guys think I am crazy? It’s kind of nice to be totally honest about these things. Share your #RefreshinglyHonest confessions with me, too!
*This post is brought to you in partnership with Honest Tea. All words are my own.