I have always dreaded the process of having to get ready for the day—curling hair, straightening hair, putting on makeup—I honestly spent most of my teen and adult life makeup-less and didn't even wear mascara on my wedding day. I've only started putting a bit more effort into my daily routine in the last couple years because I realize what a difference it makes in the way you feel and how you go about your day.
I still keep my look pretty minimal simply because I'm kind of a lazy girl when it comes to makeup. I recently had a chance to have a consultation with a beauty stylist at Nordstrom beauty spot and asked for recommendations on how I can still do minimal amount of work to get ready in the morning, but still look put together. And let's be honest—as a mom, I take care of myself last so it's gotta be quick or I'm not going to do it. So today, I wanted to share these tips with you in case you're like me and need a little prodding to get into the whole beauty thing. These steps are quick, easy, and make such a big difference (did you see my before and after above?)
Here's my new morning beauty routine that takes just 10 minutes! This might be a no-brainer for those of you who are expert makeup users, but there a few items here I had never used and now love...
1. Curl lashes with an eyelash curler.
2. Apply a cream shadow over lids. I love this type of shadow because you don't need a brush, and you can just smudge it on with your finger.
3. Line the top of your eye lids with a liquid eyeliner. This took a little getting used to, but now I prefer liquid liner way over a pencil. It adds that extra bit of depth to the eyes in no time.
4. Apply mascara to your top lashes. I have long lashes but they are super thin, so I use a mascara that helps to increase volume.
5. Use an eye illuminating pencil on the lower inner eyelids helps to brighten and awaken eyes. This is great for the sleepless nights that new moms often suffer from. And yes, this feels weird to do, which is why I can't help but make a funny face when I do it!
6. Add a tiny bit of concealer under the eyes to help cover up dark circles. Feel free to add concealer in other spots, too.
7. Then top it all off with an easy-to-use lip and cheek stain (I like the rose color).
8. For a brighter lip, I am now obsessed with this YSL lip stain. I've only started using it in the last two weeks, and I now cannot live without it. If I get lazy and can only do a couple of these steps, I always wear this lip stain and it adds an instant pop of color without getting too messy and it lasts for such a long time.
What tricks do you guys use to simplify your morning routine?
*This post is brought to you in collaboration with Nordstrom beauty spot. All content, ideas, and words are my own. Thanks for supporting the sponsors that allow me to create new and special content like this for Oh Joy.