There are so many times I see a cool piece at the flea market, but it's so worn with age that it doesn't seem like it will work in my current home with my more modern decor. But, don't let that cool piece pass you by yet! Today, we've partnered with Rust-Oleum to show you how easy it is to bring in the old and give a piece new life like we did with these metal drawers! Here's how...
To refresh something like this metal set of drawers, you'll need:
- Rust-Oleum Clean Metal Primer
- Rust-Oleum Satin White (used for the housing of the drawers)
- Rust-Oleum Coastal Gray (used for 2 of the 4 drawers)
- Rust-Oleum Gold (used for 2 of the 4 drawers)
1. Clean surface of the metal piece.
2. Spray with a coat of primer then let it dry for at least 1 hour.
3. Spray with your Rust-Oleum colored spray paint. If you need more than one coat, wait 30 minutes for it to dry in-between coats. Then, let it fully dry for an additional hour.
4. Finally, assemble your drawers back together. We added scrap pieces of wrapping paper in the empty slots for a pop of color, but you could also label them to be even more functional.
A piece like this makes for a great addition to a dresser for jewelry, scarves, and other small knick-knacks that need to be organized!
P.S. Rust-Oleum is hosting a contest on Instagram or Twitter to show off your very own “In With the Old” project. Share your project and tag #InWithTheOld for a chance to win new Stops Rust colors and a $100 gift card! See all the official rules here.