Happy weekend and happy almost Father's Day! Here's a fun last minute treat you can make to help you tell Dad just how awesome he is...giant, homemade gummies! You can make them at home with a few ingredients, place them in a small jar, and top it off with a sweet note! Here's how...
For the base, you'll need*...
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 1/8 cup corn syrup
- 1 1/2 packages unflavored powdered gelatin
- 1/8 tsp lemon juice
- silicone mold
To this, add 1/6 cup of whatever flavor you'd like. We used pink lemonade, gatorade, and peach puree (fresh peaches will break down the gelatin, so it's best to use canned) for these three.
*These measurements are specifically for the mold that we used, so you may need to adjust accordingly.
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together sugar and gelatin.
2. In a small bowl, mix together lemon juice, corn syrup, and flavoring (juice or puree).
3. Gently stir wet ingredients into the dry until most of the lumps are gone. Let sit for 5 minutes to allow the gelatin to bloom.
4. Microwave for 30 seconds and then stir. Microwave for an additional 15 seconds and stir once more.
5. Let sit for 10 minutes.
6. Scrape bubbles from the top...this part gets a bit sticky!
7. Pour into your mold and let set for at least 1 hour. The longer they set, the firmer your gummies will be.
Then fill your jar with this fun treat for Dad!