Let's shake things up with these fun DIY Glitter Jars which are perfect as a sensory activity for kids! They even make for an interactive project with small kids because they can pick what special toys go inside. Here's how...
- jars (glass, plastic travel-sized)
- hot glue gun
- small toys (flamingo, animals, ice cream)
- acrylic discs
1. Glue the small toy to the lid of the jar. If necessary, you may want to glue together small clear acrylic discs to give the toy enough height to sit above the line of the lid.
2. Add glitter, sequins and some assorted beads into the jar.
3. Fill jar with water until almost full.
4. Working quickly, add a ring of hot glue around the inside edge of the lid, and screw onto the jar tightly.
Note: If you want it on display in a room or to give as a gift, go with a medium or large glass size. But if you're heading off on a road trip and want a toy in the car, opt for a small on-the-go size!