Entryways can serve a lot of purposes. They're the last place you stop when heading out the door, and they're the first place that you drop everything after coming home from a long day. Some people might think entryways are only a luxury for larger homes, but you can definitely create one for smaller spaces, too. Here's how to create a designated entryway that is both functional and chic...
1. Find a credenza or dresser that fits your space. Any sort of small dresser or credenza will help to establish the space and the entryway area. This one isn't huge but does the job to fit the main items needed. Plus, it's chic and not expensive!
2. Store small knick-knacks on top. I'm almost always searching for something last-minute just before heading out the door, whether it's a hair tie, lipstick, sunglasses, keys…you name it. Having a designated space for all those odds and ends is super helpful in keeping me organized and out the door on time. We love keeping a notepad and pen by the door, too, so we can jot down notes for each other and keep on-going lists in one spot. (P.S. This is also a great spot to leave your phone if you want to unplug for a bit!)
3. A place for in-going and out-going mail. If you're like me and grab your mail on the way into the house, having a spot to set it down until you're ready to open it helps you stay organized and keep cluttered paperwork at bay. Plus, I love having a designated spot for outgoing mail right by the door so I don't forget it on my way out.
4. Keep your current bags hung up. Hanging up my bags instantly makes me feel like my home is a little cleaner and more organized. It's nice to have them off the floor and easily accessible. I also love seeing multiple options at once so I can switch it up if I want!
5. Shoe storage. Having shoe storage right by the door is a great way to minimize dirt in your home and keep those floors clean. But sometimes, it can be tricky to store them without creating a giant shoe pile by the door. So I love, love, LOVE this shoe storage idea because it keeps shoes hidden while allowing them to be right by the door where you need them.
6. A spot to sit! If you have a little extra space, I like to keep a small stool or bench in my entryway so I can sit while putting my shoes on or taking them off. It can also be used for extra storage when not in use ;)
Sources shown: Valspar Pirouette paint, Target wall shelf with hooks, Clare V. pink circle purse, Nomah Project woven circle purse, Ban.do heart clutch (past season), vintage scarf, Target stool (past season), Target cabinet, Anthropologie gold jack, Nordstrom Rack faux succulent, Target tray, Target sunglasses, Shashi bracelet, SJO tassel earrings, Idlewild Co. paper pad, Target speckled bud vase (similar), Nordstrom Rack hair ties (in store only), Target mail holder (similar), Rollie leopard print shoes, Loeffler Randall green heels, Oh Joy! x Pons glitter sandals, Marais purple sandals, Seychells coral heels, Loeffler Randall ruffle flats (past season), Loeffler Randall hot pink heels (past season), Zuzii clogs (past season), World Market faux zebra rug.