If you want to add an unexpected punch of color to your space in a small (but fun) way, today's DIY is for you because we're showing you how to wrap basic photo mats with wrapping paper! It's very easy but looks like you custom ordered it or got it someplace super fancy. Check it out...
1. Apply a layer of the glue stick to the front side of the mat and place face down onto the back side of the wrapping paper.
2. Trim edges of wrapping paper, leaving about 1" extra on all sides of the mat.
3. Use craft knife to cut out the paper in the center of the mat, leaving about 1" of paper on each side of the mat.
4. At each corner, both inside and outside the mat, cut a diagonal line.
5. Fold up each flap of paper, as you would do if you were wrapping a present, and secure with tape. Repeat with each side.
6. Insert your print and frame!
Sources shown: Target Pirouette paint, Joybird couch, Target color blocked pillow, Target round shag pillow, Urban Outfitters round green pillow, Oh Joy x Lorena Canals rug, Arro Home ottoman (past season), Target woven llama basket, Target bookshelf, Nordstrom Rack bulb lamp (in-store only), Target clock, Target elephant figurine, Anthropologie canister, Paper Source dotty box, The Social Type splatter box, Target wooden box (past season), Target rattan chair, Urban Outfitters round pink pillow, Banquet C'est La Vie print, Banquet You Are Awesome print, Target Bonsai paint (past season).