Today, we're showing you how easy it is to create a multi-colored chair pairing in your dining room AND get to make them in whatever colors fit your space! It's an inexpensive DIY to take a simple acrylic chair up a notch and make it uniquely yours! Here's what we started with...
These clear acrylic chairs are everywhere! I love the clear look, but the clear chair gives us an opportunity to customize it, too.
1. Before assembling the chairs, spray paint the legs and hardware with gold spray paint. Let dry 30 minutes.
2. Tape the edges of the chair seat.
3. Use paint brush to apply paint to the back of the chair. You will need to paint multiple coats to get a solid color. Let dry 15-20 minutes between each coat.
4. Once paint has fully dried, spray the back of chair with polyacrylic spray paint to protect the paint from chipping. Let dry 15 minutes.
5. Assemble chairs according to the instructions.
Ta-dah! And, it looks way more expensive than it was.
We chose to use different colors in the same color family for a fun punch of color and eclectic but sophisticated statement. You can paint them all the same color of mix it up however you'd like!
Sources shown: Benjamin Moore Peachy Keen paint, Wayfair bookshelf, vintage striped glasses, Anne & Kate swizzle sticks, Anthropologie yellow glasses (past season), Xenia Taler yellow stripe plates, Hawkins New York splatter plates, Xenia Taler peach checker plates, Target mini cake stands (similar), Anthropologie splatter bowls, vintage ombre pitcher & glass set, Target wooden box (past season), Paper Source dotty box, Animal Kingdom flamingo print*, Framebridge frame*, vintage floor lamp, Wayfair rug, Ikea table (painted blush), Oh Joy! DIY purple plant stand, Anthropologie wire basket, The Everyday Co. napkins, vintage pitcher, W&P pineapple shaker, Sugar & Cloth cactus glasses*, Castle pillow.