Our markets have been bursting with peonies over here in Los Angeles! So today, we're showing you how to paint your very own vase to display all those pretty summer blooms. It's the simplest way to give a glass vase a little personality and flair...
1. Beginning at the bottom of the vase, paint a section of pink. Working fairly quickly, paint your next color, overlapping a bit with the pink. It's helpful to add in a bit of water to your paint to make blending the colors easier.
2. Continue with the remaining colors.
3. Let fully dry, about 30 minutes.
4. If you'd like the colors to be more vibrant, do a second coat of each color. Let fully dry.
5. Finish with a coat of mod podge. Let fully dry.
Look how pretty they are! We love that it's subtle and still transparent so you can see the stems. We chose pink, green, and blue, but you can (as always!) pick your own colors.
Sources shown: Benjamin Moore Snow White paint, Target Bonsai paint (past season), Max Wanger cloud print, Ikea grid shelves, Ban.do wooden containers, Jenny Vorwaller abstract painting, Society 6 figure print by Velianna*, Joybird couch*, Anthropologie striped pillow, Target round mint pillow, Urban Outfitters round green pillow, Target lavender pillow, Anthropologie shag pillow, Wayfair rug, Ikea bench (past season), My Comfy Zone faux fur*, Ikea coffee table (painted), Target white & gold tray, vintage brass alligator, Target gold geo (past season), Ikea woven stools.