Let's talk about PILLOWS! They're a styling staple for us in almost every room and are such a great way to bring in color, personality, and texture. We also love that they're a very inexpensive way to switch up decor...a simple pillow swap on the couch can give a living room a whole new feel.
So, today, we're sharing our five guidelines when grouping pillows together. Because you know what they say...the more pillows, the merrier! It's all about variety that balances and compliments each other...
1. Mix in a variety of shapes and sizes. We love them all: round, square, rectangle! Even specialty shapes like this fun ice cream cone. If you style with all the same shape and size, it gets a little monotonous. It's also hard to layer them if they're all the same size, and they'll be competing for space on your couch, bed, chair or bench.
2. Pick pillows with complimentary color schemes. We love using lots of colors, but it is important to make sure they compliment each other. Here, we used three very colorful pillows, and it works because they all share a similar palette with the pale pinks, deep greens, light blues, rich yellows, and corals.
3. Mix solid pillows with prints and graphics. Adding in a solid or two helps to break up the pattern. Throw in a solid pillow, a statement pillow (HOORAY!), and then a fun abstract print.
4. Use different textures. It's all about textures, especially when it comes to pillows you're going to cozy up with. Here, we have a smooth velvet pillow, a fluffy faux fur pillow, and our latch and hook pillow. Together, they make such an inviting spot to sit and stay awhile.
5. Incorporate different pattern scales. Large, small, medium...and everything in-between! Here, we have tiny polka dots, large sprinkles, and lots of different hearts for a playful and fun mix.
How do YOU style pillows? Share your styling tips in the comments below.
P.S. Shop our pillows online at ohjoy.com!