You know we're all about the popcorn sweater (Joy LOVES her handmade version from Misha and Puff). So today, we're showing you how to get a bit of that look by adding to your very own existing sweater! You can create the look on a sweater or cardigan, whatever your heart desires. Check it out...
1. Thread yarn through needle, tying a knot at the end.
2. Insert needle through sleeve, and tie a loose double knot with the yarn.
3. Insert needle back through to the inside of the sleeve right next to the double knot you just made.
4. Knot on the inside of the sleeve and cut off yarn.
5. Repeat all over the sleeves, alternating between colors. We chose to make the popcorn knots in contrasting colors and focus them on the sleeves in this version, but you can add them however you like*.
*Adding handmade details like this means the garment should be washed gently by hand or dry-cleaned.
We love how this simple technique brings personality to a plain piece and adds just a perfect touch of texture. Make one for yourself or to give to a friend (Galantines' Day is just around the corner!).