If you love glitter as much as we do, you're in luck! Today, we're showing you how to give your dresser an extra sparkly makeover with glitter drawers inspired by the fun floors at the Meri Cherry studio. For this project, you can make it permanent if you know you'll want extra glam for the long haul, or you can make it semi-permanent if you don't want to fully commit. Either way, the sparkle will be sure to make you smile. And, kids will love helping out on the project. Check it out...
1. Remove drawers from the dresser and paint with a fairly thick coat of glitter mod podge.
2. Sprinkle glitter evenly over the surface. Use a second foam brush to gently press down any glitter that might be upright or not fully touching the surface.
3. Let base coat of mod podge dry fully.
4. If you'd like this to be only semi-permanent, apply a thick layer of regular mod podge on top of the glitter. If you want to remove it, you can scrape/peel it off of the drawers.
5. If you'd like it to be permanent, follow instructions included with the high gloss finish and pour over the glitter rather than using mod podge.
Sources shown: Target Pirouette paint (past season), Anthropologie gold planter, Eric Trine white plant stand, Idlewild Co. Cali print, Society 6 color block print by Colour Poems*, Society 6 lady print by Alja Horvat*, Banquet heart print, Oh Joy! tulle print, Society 6 Dance It Out print by Show Me Mars*, Porter water bottle, Carolyn Suzuki pink notebook, Carolyn Suzuki white notebook, Anthropologie lady figurine, Ikea clear colored canisters, The Container Store stacking neon trays (past season), Poketo dashed canister, Target white & gold tray, JCrew black glitter sunglasses (past season), Ban.do pink heart sunglasses (past season), Each to Own glitter earrings, Valet hair clips, Shashi color blocked bracelet, Shashi rainbow bracelet, Ikea globe, Bloom 2 Bloom pink succulent, vintage table lamp, vintage chair, Target round shag pillow, Castle round blue pillow, Clare V. purse (similar), Emmy Elle Designs rug, Loeffler Randall shoes (past season), Joybird ottoman*, Kalede Kerchief scarf.